CompTIA Linux+ Certification
Linux is known as an open source platform similar to the UNIX operating system. It enables a range of different devices. Nearly every commercial platform works on Linux operating system starting from banking apps to your social networking sites.
Almost all supercomputers and cloud servers run Linux due to its open source compatibility, with several other devices near your home and workplace, such as firewalls and routers. Since it is an open source of the operating system, it becomes easy for another software developer to modify the source code, and this would help to achieve the desired software as per the requirements.
Linux+ provides a step-by-step demonstration of various commands, utilities, and configuration options which an IT professional need to know before taking up the certification. CompTIA Linux+ validates the competencies required of an early career system administrator supporting Linux systems for various IT businesses around the world.
CompTIA Linux+ certification covers the skills needed to install and support the Linux Operating System, including user administration, file permissions, software configurations and the fundamental management of Linux systems.
In the new CompTIA Linux+, candidates are only required to pass one exam for certification. However, the new certification is no longer eligible for the LPI 2-for-1 offer.
- CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
- Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
- The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
CompTIA Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
What do you Learn?
In Linux+, the professional learn more about in-depth about Operating system development and its maintenance. CompTIA Linux+ includes multiple distributions, validating skills that help prevent platform lock-in and that promote more flexible approaches to Linux system troubleshooting.
The recent CompTIA Linux+ requires only one exam for certification. It is a comprehensive exam that thoroughly assesses overall Linux knowledge while focusing on the most highly relevant subject matter for IT professionals working in an enterprise environment.
Skills Measured by Linux+ Certification
Here are some of the key skills covered by Linux+ certification curriculum. Linux+ certified technicians can:
- Install and configure the Linux Operating System.
- Execute common operations on the Linux command line.
- Create, configure, and manage Linux users and groups.
- Manage, maintain, and navigate the Linux File-system.
- Create, edit, locate, backup and restore files in Linux.
- Configure printers and remote printing functionality in Linux.
- Utilize basic SQL commands and scripts to manipulate data.
- Understand basic networking protocols and configurations.
- Perform security tasks, e.g., change passwords and encrypt data.