The CompTIA Cloud+ certification validates the knowledge and the best practices required of IT practitioners working in cloud computing environments, who must understand and deliver cloud infrastructure. This course covers standard methodology required to securely implement and maintain cloud technologies.
In this course, delegates will apply the skills required to evaluate and implement standard cloud deployments. Delegates will implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies including network, storage, and virtualization technologies to create cloud solutions.
Students will also manage workload migrations, manage cloud vendors to control costs, use automation and orchestration to bring business value from cloud solutions, and ensure security of cloud implementations through the use of cybersecurity best practices.
The CompTIA Cloud+ certification designates an experienced IT professional as being equipped to provide secure technical solutions to meet business requirements in the cloud.
CompTIA Cloud+ validates the skills you need to maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services.
- Cloud+ covers the increased diversity of knowledge, skills and abilities required of system administrators to validate what is necessary to perform effectively in data center jobs.
- CompTIA Cloud+ views cloud-based infrastructure services as an increasingly important piece of an organization’s IT systems.
- It is the only vendor-neutral, performance-based certification covering more than a specific vendor or a single function — such as security or networking — to help you better realize the return on investment of cloud infrastructure services.
CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
CompTIA Cloud+ is a mid-level career certification designed for the technical professional filling a multi-disciplinary role. CompTIA Cloud+ is for IT practitioners looking to advance their already-established cloud career and have at least two to three years of hands-on experience with IT networking, storage or data center technology. The certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as meeting the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 17024 Standard.
Business analysts and IT pros alike are consistently called upon to assist their organization in determining which cloud service provider(s) to use, what to migrate to the cloud, and when to implement. Collecting and analyzing cloud products and services information is essential when making operational cloud business decisions. The financial and operational impacts covered by Cloud Essentials+ ensure an ability to develop and implement solid cloud strategies. CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ will show that successful candidates:
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the foundational business and technical components included in a cloud assessment
- Understand specific security concerns and measures
- Comprehend new technology concepts, solutions, and benefits to an organization
In this course, students will deploy, test, secure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot a cloud solution. Additionally, after the completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Prepare to deploy cloud solutions
• Deploy a pilot project
• Test a pilot project deployment
• Design a secure network for cloud deployment
• Determine CPU and memory sizing for cloud deployments
• Determine storage requirements for cloud deployments
• Plan Identity and Access Management for cloud deployments
• Analyse workload characteristics to ensure successful migration to the cloud
• Secure systems to meet access requirements
• Maintain cloud systems
• Implement backup, restore, and business continuity measures
• Analyse cloud systems for required performance
• Analyse cloud systems for anomalies and growth forecasting
• Troubleshoot deployment, capacity, automation, and orchestration issues
• Troubleshoot connectivity issues
• Troubleshoot security issues