CompTIA CASP+ Certification
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification is a certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology, as opposed to strictly managing.
CASP+ validates advanced-level competency in the following areas:
- Risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture
- Research and collaboration
- Integration of enterprise security
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners not managers at an advanced skill level of cybersecurity. The difference is that while cybersecurity managers help identify what policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+-certified professionals figure out how to get the job done.
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
CompTIA CASP+ Exam
Skills covered in CASP+ address current risks and incident response scenarios inherent with cyber warfare, modern hacking techniques and cloud migration. CASP+ covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise. Successful candidates will have the skills to do the following:
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Implement cryptographic techniques
- Implement security controls for hosts
- Implement security controls for mobile devices
- Implement network security
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture
- Conduct security assessments
- Respond to and recover from security incidents
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security.